Connect with Me on Facebook

Friday, July 04, 2008

Independance


Happy 4th of July! As an American import...I am still getting used to doing my celebrating on the 4th instead of the 1st! A little shout out to Canada! Okay, so for the month of July, I have decided to stick to a no sugar, no dairy, no wheat diet. I do feel much better when I am eating this way and there are really only a few things from each category that I miss.
1. Fage yogurt.
2. Cheese strings were such an easy snack
3. A turkey sandwich.

So I am finding new foods to love and good snacks that are just as easy and completely satisfying. Yesterday I was at Costco and there was a promotional stand for Wonderbar Energy Bars and they are awesome! Gluten Free, HFC free, basically these bars are just the pure raw ingredients of nuts and fruit and they use raw honey to hold them together! So I am excited about these. They were a little pricey but work out to about $1.25/bar. They are a great meal replacement or after the gym snack.

So on to a little confession. I am not a purist on this plan. I am still allowing myself wine. I figure I can't be too extreme or I'll just set myself up for failure, you know? Secondly, I am back on caffeine. Even though I feel better and have more energy when I don't drink it, I just love that morning java...so. The small changes I have made, using rice milk in my coffee instead of skim. Ordering a half caff/half decaf when I have my afternoon starbucks craving. Just drinking water instead of pop or juice or even ice tea.

So now for the update on weight. I just weighed myself and the scale says 153.5. Yah! Progress. As soon as I get down to 147 I am buying myself a new pair of seven jeans! Thats 6 1/2 pounds away and hopefully I can get there by August 1st so I can buy those jeans before the John Mayer concert!! Haa haa. And one more update, when I was buying those bars yesterday, the guy said, "well you look like an athlete, you will really like these"....an athlete! My muscles are starting to show...hooray!

No comments: