Connect with Me on Facebook

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Meals as of Late

Day 40!
And I feel great.

So I have mostly use Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet as my baseline for everything I am making/eating and then checking out Blogs, Magazines like Oxygen and Clean Eating and then modifying recipes I already have.

Some of my favorite recipes so far:

Turkey Tacos
1 lb. lean ground turkey breast (healthier then ground turkey)
2 cloves garlic (pressed)
1/2 onion
1 tblsp. Cumin
dash red chilli flakes
1 tblsp. chilli powder (less if you don't like spicy)
sprinkle paprika
1/4 cup water

Brown Meat, onion and garlic (you should use coconut oil, but olive oil will be fine). Add Cumin, chilli flakes, paprika and water and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.

This is where you can get creative---whatever you like on tacos (avoid cheese and sour cream)
I used:
8 leaves butter lettuce--instead of taco shells
1/4 red cabbage chopped
Diced Tomato
Green Onion
Fresh Salsa
(that is what I had)
You could use:
Corn, black olives, Zuchini, squash, avocado, the list goes on...
Ta Da! Enjoy.

Spaghetti Squash
1 Spaghetti Squash (most grocery stores have these) Cut in half- scoop out seeds

Pre-heat oven 375F. Put squash face down on cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes.

Sauce

I make a huge batch and then freeze it in smaller containers so I can just pull out sauce for dinner when we feel like it.

1 lb. of extra lean ground beef. You could use turkey or nothing at all.
4 cloves garlic, pressed.
1/2 onion diced.
Brown all of this, drain and set aside. I actually rinse it to get all the excess fat off.


This is where I get as many vegetables as I can into my sauce. Get a huge stock pot. Mine is HUGE!

Saute the following:
3 Zucchini (chopped small)
1 Large onion
2 cups of diced baby portabello mushrooms
2 carrots grated
1 red bell pepper diced

Now add-
2 cans Tomato Sauce
3 cans crushed tomatoes
3 cans diced tomatoes
2 jars of regular spaghetti sauce
1 package frozen chopped spinach
Fresh Basil, chopped small (1/4 cup)
Dried Basil 1 tblsp
Dried Oregano 2 tblsp.
Simmer for an hour...on very low. Stir Occasionally.

Tilapia with Black Bean Avocado Salad
...recipe coming soon

Turkey Meatballs
...recipe coming soon

Grilled Chicken Spinach Wraps
...recipe coming soon


Share

No comments: