Connect with Me on Facebook

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Half Way Update.

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." James 12:11

Well it’s a little more than halfway through my challenge --17 days in to be exact and I have good news to report! First and foremost, I have more energy. Getting up at the crack (I mean the serious crack) is getting easier. It also only takes me 1.5 cups of coffee to come alive rather than my usual 3. AND I can now drink that first cup with my eyes open. So something interesting happened last week, my mom go admitted to the hospital late Sunday night. As the only child in Texas with a valid driver’s license not to mention over the age of 18, I became a regular visitor of Harris Methodist. In all honesty, it would have been completely easy and not unlike me to just say...you know what this is too hard, I'll start my challenge after she gets out and my life gets back to normal. Then proceed to eat mac and cheese from the cafeteria and stop by Target to pick up some red wine to eat with spaghetti. But in my ever increasing wisdom slash maturity I have realized that life never gets back to normal. There will always be something that comes up unexpectedly that gives us the excuse to stray from our way. That line of thinking is essentially what got me to wear I am. So I made a decision, I'm not going back; I don’t want to go back. I choose to move forward in my plan and stick to it. It's hard sometimes and a little painful honestly, but I know that remaining disciplined will produce that peace and results that I so badly want. Today, on day 17 I can say I made it. My mom is out of the hospital and I am ok. So--the results so far besides drinking coffee with my eyes open. I have lost 10 pounds! I can’t stress enough how much I love this Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno. I feel like it is the answer I have been searching for all of my life. Now I know this whole challenge isn’t just about eating, but that is a really big part of it for me. I will admit that I didn’t stick to the running--I barely had time to sleep, but last night I had a great run, 4 miles in 50 minutes (which is good for me) and it’s the weirdest thing, my favorite place to run is the cemetery behind our house. It’s so peaceful and it always causes me to reflect on life and the inevitability of death on this earth and how truly my only hope is in eternity with Christ. I know... that sounds crazy...I also think of my dad every time I run through there. He is not buried there, but I guess it’s just that quiet place among the trees and the graves that I can think of my dad in heaven and his life on this earth and all of the good memories I have of him. This post went to a random place that I wasn’t expecting, but there you have it. Things are well. Stay tuned for progress updates and picture posts about Wyatt…I promise!



Share

No comments: