Connect with Me on Facebook

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Eat Clean

I don't consider myself an "unhealthy" person...but I definitely make some unhealthy choices. I will admit my weight has fluctuated over the years and at various, how do you say...desperate times, I have tried almost every diet out there (South Beach, Weight Watchers, Cabbage Soup and the like). I actually do have a good foundation when it comes to nutrition and understand the importance of putting the right foods into your body, but I always seem to be missing the tools necessary to maintain a healthy eating plan! Especially working full time and constantly on the go.
As I continue to make my changes, I have finally come across a food plan that not only makes sense to me--but it’s realistic! Finally I can incorporate the nutrition I firmly believe in to a framework and guideline that’s relatively simple to follow. The Eat Clean Diet is the next change I am making. I actually discovered this book on day 1 of my 30 days of change and have been following it for the last three days. If my recollection serves me well, I have heard of this before but I guess I wasn't in the right mind-set to look at it as a viable option for me. It is key that you be ready to put in the required effort in to make the change! So, I feel so much better and it’s exciting to try new healthy recipes with food I didn’t know I could eat! Who knew you could have slow cooked Steal Cut Oats with Millet? ( I still want to know what that is....Zach said they used to grow it on the ranch and then turned into hay for wintering cows)? and ground Flax (which I put in smoothies and muffins), brown rice (that sounds like my dinner) and bee pollen (yes-I went there) for breakfast?
Every time I go into the bulk section at a store like Sprouts or Central Market, there are so many bins of food that I have no idea what to do with. They look healthy, but I felt so intimidated to buy them. I mean after all, I didn't name my child Moonbeam, I don't own Birkenstocks and we live in a neighborhood not a colony! Now I finally feel like I have a cookbook that is easy to follow with simple but delicious recipes that incorporate the so called mystery foods of the uber health conscious-- NO PhD in Nutrition necessary.

Highly recommend this book and the Eat Clean Diet Recharged for anyone looking to incorporate more nutrition and whole foods into their diet!





Share

No comments: