Connect with Me on Facebook

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Catching up


Well I've dropped the ball a little bit on my posting this week...but in my defense, I've had a busy week and I have been to the gym everyday so far (yes its Wednesday). So just a little catching up. I can't believe how great I feel. I don't know if I can say this enough, but this is not like any "diet" I have ever been on! I have energy and I feel good! Some of the highlight meals of the week include this awesome chicken breast from sprouts that we grilled on the BBQ, a red cabbage salad that I made up. Basically the ingredients are: Red Cabbage, celery, one zucchinni (raw), a handful of raw cashews and Newmans Balsamic Vinagrette. It was so good and totally filling. Last night I made pasta for the family and substiuted my noodles for a spaghetti squash. I cut the squash in half and roasted it on 375 for about 45 minutes. It was delish. SO there are 5 days left in my cleanse...but I am not ready for this to end. I may add back coffee and try it with rice milk instead of regular milk. Other then that...I am just going to keep eating like this. Its not hard if you are prepared and since its Wednesday I am off to sprouts later for double ad day to get all of my healthy foods on sale. I picked up some raw pumpkin seeds this week along with the cashews and a trail mix. I just realized that I could probobly have a glass of unfiltered apple juice if I wanted, so I will pick up more of that. Tomatoes are kind of out right now because of the whole salmonella thing, but other then that...bring on another week!

No comments: