Connect with Me on Facebook

Monday, June 02, 2008

Hiding the scale


Hi. My name is Kristin and I am addicted to ...my scale. I can't stop weighing myself. My scale controls my thoughts. I wonder what I weigh first thing in the morning, I need to check what I weigh after lunch, before bed, in the middle of the night. Okay I don't weigh myself in the middle of the night, but I am surely thinking about it. I think I have a problem and the sad thing is that everytime my scale doesn't give me the magical gift of a pound lost. I am ticked. It can ruin my entire day, week, month...which in turn triggers the devil inside of me that says one more cookie won't really matter, one more handful of chips won't really matter, but guess what, it does matter! I am living proof that small cheats, indulgences, not staying on track can add up to one shocking day and it can really matter when your scale shows you a number you've never seen before! So my new solution - hide the scale in my closet. No more hourly updates on my diet progress.
Now I do need to weigh in once a week, but for all other days the scale is off limits. I actually put the scale away last night, but like a true addict, I needed one more weigh this morning. The good news is I am down to 162. Thank you scale!

Onto my day, it has been good so far. I got up at 7:30 this morning went to 8:30 pilates and did a few lower body weights afterwards. I had berries and flax oil again for breakfast and a tuna salad for lunch. I am really not sure what I am having for dinner, probobly chicken breast with more salad and more broccoli. The cleanse is not "crazy" like I was worried about, so day 2 is totally great and apart from feeling somewhat tired and slightly fantasizing about a nice big fat cup of coffee, I am doing good. I plan to go for a walk later tonight and crank out 100 sit-ups (I have already done 50). So thats my day. I have taken my 4 fiber pills this morning which is a real miracle that I am taking these pills as directed. After today only 12 days to go on the cleanse....not bad...not bad at all.

No comments: