Connect with Me on Facebook

Friday, June 13, 2008

Cool Running


I feel accomplished this week. Yesterday I got out my trusty ipod and wheeled that awesome jogging stroller that has been collecting dust these days to the great outdoors. I have frequently started this program called Couch to 5K and I am determined to get through it this time. I played week 4 yesterday and off I went up and down the streets of my lovely neighbourhood. I thought I might pass out in those first few minutes of running, but I didn't! And guess what? I ran 16 minutes yesterday! It felt great. I was so proud of myself for not only lacing up those shoes, but for getting out there and completing the task. No excuses. Honestly, this has been a great week at the gym and I have managed to go everyday this week. I have upped my cardio to 30 minutes and complete that on the eliptical or the bike. I did two yoga classes this week and I can already feel that my body is becoming stronger and more flexible.


And, since I am so curious I took my measurements today. I am slimming down and I am happy to report the following:

Bust: 36 1/2

Waist: 30

Hips: 40

I am really not that far off from my goal (35, 27, 38). I think if I can just really make this a lifestlyle change and put my nutrition, excercise and health as a top priority, all of the other things in life seem to fall into place.


I feel like in these last 2 weeks I have become a better more attentive mother and a better wife. I just feel like a better version of myself --striving to find balance and striving to find the me that I know I am somewhere in there. There are still some areas that I need to work on, like my spirituality and cutting out the life toxins (which for me are gossip magazines and spending too much mindless time on the computer) but I know these will come. They are already starting to become less interesting. As I get one area on track I will have the headspace to work on the next.


So tommorrow I weigh in, but I am trying to remind myself the scale is just a number and right now, I know how I feel. I feel accomplished, proud, strong and healthy. That matters more to me then what the scale says...but hey it won't hurt if I have dropped a few more pounds ;)

No comments: